Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Toys is my Bizinuss and Bizinuss is good!

images swipped from auctions just won!


So on March 1st what is a person to do when they came off a 28 day toy drought? Buy some freaking toys that's what! So during the day on March 1st I ordered a couple of Stormtroopers from Hasbro Toy Shop, plus a Galactic Heroes Pack I have had my eye on for quite some time and I laid down a couple of bids on those two vintage beauties up there, okay they may be a little banged up in spots, but the price was so right on both and they complete my Vintage line up of Bounty Hunters. All true to my goals for 2011 by the way.

A quote from my wife "Well, it didn't take too long for you to get back into the toy business!"

You know I just realized I bought things that, besides being Star Wars related, feed some of my little toy collecting quirks. For instance I have a habit when I decide to open a figure that I have had for a while where I will bend a corner of the card and then say "well the package it ruined, might as well open it!"

1) The duel Stormtroopers - Having two (sometimes more) of certain figures like Stormtroopers, AT-AT Drivers, etc. Also this may feed my recent addiction to having Stormtroopers of all shapes and sizes in my Stormtrooper focus collection and having one that is packaged when it comes to 3-3/4" scale, old habits are hard to break.

2) The Galactic Heroes Pack - Again having a AT-AT Driver in different styles and in case I get the small AT-AT I will have two drivers even if they do not fit.

3) The Bounty Hunters - My more recent compulsiveness of having a complete set of bounty hunters in different lines or styles. Once I get at least a couple I have to track them all down... which is going to suck because when I didn't have all the 12" POTF ones I let a 4-LOM go and am now trying to complete that set as well... ugh.

Now, I am not saying I am obsessive compulsive, this stuff doesn't bug me when it happens, I have just noticed the pattern.
Which leads me to this, does anyone else have little collecting quirks or compulsive collecting disorders? Dr. Chunky B is in.

One more thing if my family is reading this I also have a disorder of wanting expensive toys for my Birthday and Holidays, but I am too cheap to buy them myself, it hurts the precious...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

As a kid I had that bounty hunter from Empire whose name escapes me - the guy with the bandaged head.

I remember thinking, ''why would I want a toy of a fat bloke with bandages on?'' :)

chunky B said...

It's Dengar - That was my last Bounty Hunter as a Kid, I mean what was I thinking why him and why did I stop there? Weird.

Bubbashelby said...

I've been out of the Star Wars collecting for years, but every time I see 4-LOM (in whatever version) I want him! I just can't see myself paying eight bucks for him in the current release, but one day I'll find some version of him at the swap meet and then it's on!

chunky B said...

4-LOM is becoming a favorite for me, I wish I hadn't sold off the 12" POTF one, anyway I kinda dig this version the best

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF24lom.asp

Bubbashelby said...

Yeah I had that one and sold it off, and I agree it is one of the best yet. I'll find it again some day.

Unknown said...

Dengar!

That was him.

I always thought he looked like an ill person from some 16th Century painting, what with all his head bandages and stuff...

chrismandesign said...

if u r talking bout my SW favorite figures, i would say: none... but if u r talking bout obsessive/compulsive collecting toy disorders, then i’m the right guy & i hav also a terrible tendency for the expensive toys as u... the world is tiny =)... my obsessions r mainly cars & robots & sexy girls (not exactly in that order), the weirder the better...

Brian Ashmore said...

Collecting quirks? I don't think I have anything that matches bending a card to fool yourself into opening the toy... heh, heh. However, as a kid, I used to save my boxes and blister cards and would "repack" my toys from time to time, with tape. In hindsight, It was definitely a weird thing to do but now they call this disorder "recarding" ...which I DON'T do today.

Nice ebay scores! Han better start running.