Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Stormtroopers are coming!


Since I ended last week on a Star Wars note I thought I would throw out another bit of the Star Wars collection, and try to step it up a notch with a weekly post about Stormtroopers (Hopefully I have enough Stormtroopers to last a little while). Not just any Stormtroopers though, all from my collection and some of my favorites. Starting with one of the first Stormtroopers I have owned. I say one of the first because I had two of these guys guarding my Darth Vader at all times, but sadly TK0002 (or Frank) is no longer with us. This little guy was from the original Star Wars line from 1978, though his copyright reads 1977. I would love to pretend to know all the little ins and outs of these little toys, but all I can tell you is they were a blast back in the day, and still somewhat fun today. I know some die hard toy fan is thinking "that piece of junk doesn't have near the amount of articulation or detail that the newer stuff has!" and they would be right, but for a time these were it, and there's something about all the adventures that this little guy had that make it magical.

Here's a link to a site called Rebel Scum that I check out fairly often that has tons of information on all toys Start Wars, plus heres a link to their Vintage Stormtrooper page. Check it out when you have time.

No comments: