Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

SOTW: Galactic Heroes Sandtrooper


Thought I forgot, didn't you? Well I have been rearranging some things and thought Stormtrooper of the Week might fit good on Fridays for awhile.

So for this weeks SOTW I bring you the wittle, bitty, cutsie Sandtrooper from Star Wars a New Hope. I've gone on record before as to my belief that no matter what type of trooper you are, you are still a Stormtrooper. The Sandtroopers happen to be my favorite of all the Stormtroopers, I remember the scenes in Star Wars when they were looking for the droids being some of my favorites and when you say Stormtrooper these are the ones I think of.

Mater fact one of my favorite fan films stars, this group of troopers as they track down those infamous droids. If you get a chance go and download the 1997 fan film Troops and watch it. It's 30 MB, but well worth it. Hee Lare Eee Uss!

Anyway back to the SOTW, this Sandtrooper from Hasbro's Galactic Heroes Line comes packed with none other than Obi-Wan Kenobi so he can practice those Jedi mind tricks on him. I even hear through the grapevine (the internet) that these will come packed in a larger set, that when combined with a second larger set will make up the cantina from the first movie. I try not to dump money on these large sets, but this one might be worth the wait... it would be great if it played the cantina music too.

No comments: