Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Flash and The Martian Manhunter!



Okay so this post will be a two-fer! I needed to get out of the office at the beginning of the week, so I decided to swing by the store at lunch and then stop for tacos on the way back. Taco run always brings the best toys out. I scored a second 1966 Batmobile on a taco run.

So while I was trolling the toy aisle, browsing the Star Wars and GI Joe section, I noticed some recently stocked "The Batman" figures. As I flipped through the pegs I found the Flash and the Martian Manhunter here, so I grabbed them and proceeded to check out.



So later, after lunch and after work, I opened them up for closer inspection at home. All I can say is that I'm sort of just okay with both. The Manhunter seems sort of small, and both seem just average as far as figures go. The paint seems fair, though I'm going to have to find a screen shot of the Flash to compare, he sort of has these little lighting bolts on his wrists and waist instead of the usual bands, kind of weird. The one thing that I always think is a waste is the one thing that I missed, accessories. I know Manhunter and Flash don't have Bat Belts and equipment, but these toys had nothing, I mean if a kid was to get these you better damn well hope they love not having missile launchers and what not.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the character design on both, Manhunter a little less, his face just looks sort of goofy, I just wasn't as thrilled when I popped these two open and actually held them. Still they will look good next to Green Lantern, Hawkman, and Bats on the shelf. Superman is next and I'm still waiting on the show accurate Green Lantern Mattel!

1 comment:

rob! said...

i like this line:

"I scored a second 1966 Batmobile on a taco run."

...it sounds like one of those "...and then I caught a fish THIS BIG" lines.

nice designs on both(hard to go wrong with Flash), but what's with Manhunter's blue bike shorts?