Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

He's Dead Jim!



And with that, cue the dramatic music and go to commercial, take a drink, and... Oh hello and welcome to the Dr. "Bones" McCoy drinking game! Ahh just kidding, we're here to round out the Holy Trek Trilogy from EMCE with no other than the good Doctor himself. I have to say Mego/EMCE did a pretty good job on the likeness, it really does look like Deforest Kelly. This is easily my favorite Dr. McCoy figure because of the likeness.

I had to stretch talking about these EMCE figures out a bit, it takes EMCE a little time to release these, which is totally understandable and fine by me. Gives me more time to save for em! Dr. McCoy was the one character none of my friends wanted to be when we played Star Trek, but to me he is one of the most likable. He was the solid ground, the rock of reason, the human element in the show. Not saying I was ever McCoy when we got our Trek on, I was usually the Captain or Scotty.



I'm three crew members into the original seven, waiting for Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov, and all the alien goodness they bring along for the ride!

1 comment:

Bubbashelby said...

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor, not an Action Fig...

...nevermind."