Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

That's a wrap!



What better way to wrap up a week of Aquaman posts than with one of my most favorite incarnations of the character! That's right, straight from Saturday Mornings of years past the Super Friends!

DC Direct put out this awesome set of Aquaman and his nemesis Black Manta a few years back, along with Batman vs. Scarecrow, Robin vs. Riddler, Superman vs. Lex Luthor, Green Lantern vs. Sinestro, and Wonder Woman vs. Cheetah! Man what a concept, a hero and a villain to fight. I was given the Robin set for Christmas a while back and I had to have Batman, but then on sale at the same time was Aquaman. It was like getting two for one. I've never seen the others at a decent price or I would have had the whole Saturday morning line up on my self!

Watching these cartoons today, they seem really bad, and not bad meaning good. But, thinking back to Saturday morning, with a bowl of lucky charms and my favorite blanket, these cartoons are golden. Why don't they have Saturday morning cartoons anymore, they seemed more special when you had to wait, now it's 24/7. I'm not complaining though.



Looking at this figure I think of all the times Aquaman was underused on that show, I was always excited to see him get to do more than agree with Superman. Plus I think of the sound his telepathic power made when he used it to command the sea life! Nanananananan Nananananana, how many times did you try that when you were a kid while you were swimming? Even though it always ended up with water being suddenly shot up my nose I kept trying to see if I could make a sea horse swim my way for a ride.

Well that's it for my Aquaman tribute and my first year! The collection is rather small, but priceless non the less. Besides, I have my eye on those Minimates, and eventually the right Mego or Superpowers Aquaman will pop up. So the collection could grow, nothing for Rob to worry about. Aqain thanks to the Shrine and it's keeper for not being to harsh on my knowledge of Aquaman, here's to another year and more found memories!

1 comment:

rob! said...

>>nothing for Rob to worry about<<

heck i want everybody to collect Aquaman! its the only way characters like him make it to be beloved by future generations!