Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Little Green Lantern Premium



Anyone else go pick up the New Frontier on DVD the day it came out? I'm such a huge fan of Darwyn Cooke's art that I couldn't wait till this movie was released. As a bonus I picked up the Best Buy version with the little Green Lantern figurine in the package. At first I was going to pass on the "collectible" figurine, but being the same price as the DVD without it, I figured what the hey!

It has some articulation, arms and head move, and comes with a tiny Green Lantern that he can hold, or you can remove from his hand to pose without it. The stand is permanently attached to his feet, but if you were so inclined you could remedy that with an x-acto.

It sort of reminds me of the old green army men, with some extra paint. I kind of wish that DC Direct would release a series of these in Cooke's style, not just of the JLA, but of some of the soldiers and civilians of the movie. Though I'm sure they would end up costing more than the green army men of old.

No comments: