Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Phat Mobile!



You know having said I'm not a Hotwheels collector time and time again, I sure do have a lot of Hotwheels in my collection. My only defense is that nine out of ten are Batmobiles, so at least I'm focused in that respect. Probably the most focused part of the collection.

Usually the tricked out sort of rides leave me less than enthused, with the exception on this the Phat Mobile! I'm not sure if that's it's real name, but that's what I called it and it sort of stuck. This would be one of the few time I would like to see a real car made from a Hotwheels toy. It would just be interesting to see if it would work. The Phat mobile here is based on the 89' Movie Batmobile, with an extremely distorted front end, and some wicked flames.



This version shows what DC Comics has allowed Mattel to make, but have they peaked or will we see some more creative cars?

3 comments:

rob! said...

i never warmed up to this Batmobile, with its...er, um, Bat-Penis in front like that.

*shudder*

Bubbashelby said...

I love it too. There's also a "chrome" version of this one. They were part of the "Hardnose" series, which isn't being done anymore.

I would have loved to have seen the 66 done up in this style.

Unknown said...

i'm not a fan of the exaggerated front end but I'm easy to please...there's some shiny parts...and flames so I'm sold. lol.