Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Clone Wars Clown

I have to say after my initial dislike for the feature length Clone Wars Movie, that some of the series episodes are pretty fun to watch. More so than old episodes of Droids and Ewoks. Which brings me to this clown of the Clone Wars (though not Jar Jar status) C3-P0.



This version of the golden droid of the Star Wars Universe reminds me of those Droids comics of the nineties. Just the overall look. They did a good job on selecting the right gold color for this toy. Not too shiny and not too yellow.



Not as detailed, but more streamlined for animation, Golden Rod here sports a light pipe in the back of his head that lights up his eyes. The light pipe feature is always one of my favorite simple toy tricks. I also like the way they incorporated the end of the "pipe" into the design and made it look like that circle on the back of the droid's head.



Also something to note if you are in the market for a protocol droid is that the little pegs on the his sides are pretty delicate. As you can see one is missing from this one. Came out of the package that way, if only I had noticed at the store. Oh well.



C3-P0 was purchased especially for my Clone Wars R2-D2. I remember seeing the Droids C3-P0 and R2-D2 in a store when I was in high school and thought I was too old for them, I wanted them, but my buddies back then would have never let me live it down that I bought them, now I just don't care what they think which is sorta obvious as I blog about toys.

2 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

That's a real cute 3PO.

rob! said...

I was too old for them, I wanted them, but my buddies back then would have never let me live it down that I bought them, now I just don't care what they think which is sorta obvious as I blog about toys.

i think we all have stories like this in our past. "Comic Blogging: The Ultimate Act of Nerd Revenge."