Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Marvelous Mondays! THE BEST FREAKING THOR THERE IS!

I may still be a little overly excited about finding this figure. This is Thor as he appears in the story where he returns from Ragnarök. I have seen this figure on other sites and blogs, but have failed to find him in the wild. Then lo and behold as I wandered down the "small doll aisle" (that's what it's labeled at the store, my wife gets a kick out that everytime) of the Magic Grocery Store I spied some new Marvel Universe Figures and Forsooth! Thor, the Mighty God of Thunder did appear!

I owe you way better pictures, a little of a hurry this morning, sorry : )


Okay, blah blah blah that's how I found him, what's more important is how cool this figure is. When I returned to the house and freed Thor from his plastic prison I was amazed at the overall feel and look of this figure, this may very well be one of the best Marvel Universe figures, no wait, the best action figures ever! I don't say this lightly, there are very few figures that I think are just plain awesome and could even be considered for this lofty position. I mean, I have to open up a figure and just be blown away. Some of my past favorites that hold this position in my collection are Space Ghost, VOTC Stormtrooper and BTAS Combat Belt Batman. He for sure is better than this one!

I say if you are a Thor fan and you see this guy, pick him up! He is awesome!

Excelsior

4 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

That is a good looking Thor - even though he's no Kirby Thor, I will have to keep my eyes peeled for him on this end, considering the high praise you've given him!

LEon said...

This Thor look Good indeed. This is a 3.75" figure right?

chunky B said...

Yep LEon it's 3.75", part of the Marvel Universe line.

Unknown said...

Very nice looking Thor but i still like his classic look better myself but that is just me but congrats on finally finding him buddy.