Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Signature Series: Wolverine



I can't say this is my favorite Wolverine costume, but I do like this figure. Part of the Hasbro Signature Series, listed out here, Wolverine was released along with Captain America, Dare Devil, and Iron Spider-Man in the second series of the line.

I picked up the whole second series from our local grocery store before I even saw them at any of the other regular retailers. Wolverine here uses pretty much the same body that all of the Signature Series uses, with the exception of the added claws and of course the head. The costume does sport plastic shoulder pads, that are much more to my liking than the usual 80's to big for King Kong shoulder pads, as well as new sculpts for the boot tops. The belt is reminiscent of something you find on a Mego from back in the 70's.

The only thing I would have done different on this figure, besides changing the costume to the yellow/brown version, would be to maybe add more of an expression to his face. This would be a case for the Toy Biz screaming head, come on Wolverine is a crazy mo fo!

This is also a first for Wolverine on Eclectorama, I really thought I had posted another Wolvie before this, but guess not!

1 comment:

Bubbashelby said...

The best Wolverine ever was the Secret Wars figure. I still need to track it down on the bay someday...or think "Secret Wars Wolverine" over and over again and hit some garage sales!