Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Battle for the Cowl - Post One



So, some of you may have noticed that my buddy Reis made a comment on my last post that I was flaunting my Batman Collection and he pretty much challenged me to a face off, de hombre a hombre. Apparently Reis fancies himself a Batman collector, oh how cute. So let it be known that I accept your challenge Reis, and as soon as we agree on some terms to the competition we will be having a Batman face off, a Battle for the Cowl. Which will end with one of us giving up a Loose Batman from our collection and a custom illustration for the winner. Oh wait I should say I will be getting one of Reis' Batmans and he will be drawing me something when I win.

More later as the terms and the spoils are settled on. Plus I will post more on my efforts to thin out my collection soon.

Update: The Rules have been agreed upon and are as follows:

1) Toys/Statues/Etc. have to be open, not sealed on a card or in a box.

2) Batman has to be 3-D and head-to-toe, meaning PEZ dispensers and busts are out.

3) Variations count, meaning Reis's Pink Foo Foo Batman can be used, as well as all the countless color variations that Hasbro and Mattel have made.

4) No repeats, so Reis will not be able to use his fifteen bootleg Batmans he went and picked up at the dollar store an hour ago. Just one, buddy, sorry.

5) I guess that means Bootlegs are allowed... if you have to Reis.

The prizes, well the loser has to draw a picture for the winner declaring that they are indeed the champion and they also have to give up an agreed upon loose figure from their collection. Reis is putting up a 1978 Mego Pocket Heros Batman, I have a Campbell's Soup Mail Away Batman on the chopping block (Really? I can't believe you do not have that one.) We will both be posting a collection photo and close up photos of the collection along with our figure counts on the morning of Friday, October 29, 2010. So be there and witness my victory!

12 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Let the games begin!

Unknown said...

Oh this is going to be a fun battle to watch. : D

Bubbashelby said...

I know from experience that Reis is a good loser. Congrats in advance, CB!

;)

Bubbashelby said...

I should add that you're both damn lucky I'm not in the competition! :D

LEon said...

So who's BAT?

Jason said...

This should be interesting.

Reis O'Brien said...

I'm takin' you down, Chunky B! When I win that Batman figure from you, I'd like it sent to me in a lovely box, with a tasteful, yet festive gift-wrap. Nothing garish, mind you. But something denoting my status as a winner.

And I have no idea what Bubbashelby is talking about. He's getting crazy in his old age.

My internet service should be set up in the new house this week, I'll post a couple of introduction posts on the new toy blog and then IT'S ON!

See you on the 29th.

chunky B said...

Hey Reis, about time, I guess all that last minute Batman shopping has been taking up your time.

I don't know what Bubbashelby is taking about either, because so far you have been a less than graceful loser.

Oh and bring it!

chrismandesign said...

this is a Batman or an Ego competition ??? LLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL =PPPPP

chunky B said...

Haa, I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. It's all in good fun, but Reis, you will lose...

Brian Ashmore said...

Can't wait to see that Pocket Heroes Batman, CB. :)

chunky B said...

Oh, he will get a special post once he arrives : )