Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Drawing Star Wars


Wow, talk about falling behind! It's been a busy week so while I have a chance I'm doubling my efforts and dropping a few posts to catch up. Talking about catching up, I feel so left out of the current Star Wars artist frenzy, mainly because once Star Wars Kids Magazine went by the wayside I stopped working in the galaxy far, far away and concentrated on other areas of my chosen profession. I always wondered what it would be like to go back and revisit some of the Star Wars subject matter now that I have a little more experience in illustration under my belt.

While I'm on the subject of illustration experience here's a fun link to a Star Wars artist that I've met once while attending the Star Wars Celebration I back in 99'. All the Star Wars Kids artists at the time were asked to donate some time at the Star Wars Kids booth drawing caricatures for donations to a children's home. Matt Busch's scheduled time overlapped some with mine and I had the chance to talk with him some. This chance meeting gave us a little time to swap some quick war stories and even some caricatures of each other while we were waiting around. I think I got the better end of the exchange since I made away with a pretty sweet caricature of yours truly dressed as Darth Vader. I still have it around the office somewhere, I'm wonder if he kept the one I did? I doubt it, for some reason no one likes being dressed as Jar Jar.

Well it looks like Matt has stayed busy drawing Star Wars and is even releasing a book on the subject. It looks like it's going to filled with some great stuff. I'll definitely be checking it out.

No comments: