Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stormtrooper of the Week: Part 6


I haven't forgot, just a little busy. So here he is, the Stormtroooper of the week! This has to be one of the best 3 3/4" Stormtrooper figures around. This guy is from the 2004 Original Trilogy Collection, or OTC for short. If you had to have one action figure of a Stormtrooper, this would be the one to get.

The idea behind the OTC is that the toys are re visioned versions of the classic toys complete with reproductions of the vintage packaging. Now, I'm a sucker for the vintage look on just about anything so naturally I was drawn to these. I will say this that the new interpretations of these characters are simply awesome. This little trooper is highly posable and very detailed. Hasbro really knocked it out of the park when they made this guy. If you were lucky to find one of these in the stores you would have probably paid $9.99 for him, Ebay will set you back some more. I'm not in the habit of recommending toys, but as Ferris Bueller would say "If you have the means and can afford it's primo"


To help illustrate the posability of this little jewel I snapped a few poses and composited them together in Photoshop. Before anyone says anything though, yes I realized I messed up the "M" in YMCA, I didn't catch it till I had torn down the set up and was processing the image, you get the idea though.

Would you like to learn more about the OTC, I refer you to the all knowing Rebelscum.


No comments: