Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

SOTW: Week 12

As we sort through the repairs and I get a chance from time to time I thought I would update when I can. We really lucked out as far as water damage goes, it's going to be more of an inconvenience until things are repaired. Anyway enough about that...

This weeks Stormtrooper is the second figure in the Hasbro Star Wars Unleashed Set. Again this trooper represents the scene at the beginning of Star Wars: A New Hope (Episode IV) where the Empire boards the Rebel Cruiser in search of the Death Star Plans. Was I the only kid back in 78' that wondered why they just didn't vaporize that ship?

This one's pose is more action oriented in nature, almost running, a nice variation from last weeks "guard" pose. Again, these remind me so much of the little green army men from younger days, this one more so. He sort of reminds me of the standard issue flame thrower guy from those sets.

I haven't been near a toy store for a week or two now, but not only are these guys available, my all time favorite Stormtroopers, the Sand Troopers are starting to make appearances.

No comments: