Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wind-Up Spider-Man

A few weeks prior to the great flood of 2007, I was waiting for my car to get serviced at the dealer and I walked over to a nearby Big Lots. As I usually do, I wandered up and down the toy aisles just looking around. Now I'm not sure how everyone else's Big Lots are organized, but in Texas it's sort of like a big Flea Market, so you have to look down almost every aisle because stuff is jammed in there with no thought of organization.

That trip yielded several little goodies to add to the collection, one being this crazy little Spider-Man wind up. I'm pretty sure I can speak for most of the older collectors out there when I say that it's the off the wall stuff that is really the coolest. I happen to also believe that sometimes it's the simplest of toys that are the best, wind-ups being near the top of the list.

This wind up is no exception to that rule, give him a wind and Spidey "crawls" into action! Look out for big headed, crawling Spider-Man!

6 comments:

The Atari Nation said...

Look at that sculpt! Nice find Charles. I really enjoy the odd stuff like this.

I'll have to check our Big Lots..my son would love him. How much was he?

chunky B said...

They were about $1.99 each, I picked up the Thing as well. Ours had Daredevil, Spider-man, The Thing, and Wolverine. I know that this company made more of these though.

I'll keep an eye out as well next time I go back there.

chunky B said...

Quick up date, a scan of Ebay reveals X-men movie, a comic Hulk, and Lord of the Rings wind-ups.

All produced by Toy Biz under the Twist Em's banner.

The Atari Nation said...

LOTR wind-ups! Oh, holy crap. I love that.

I wonder if they made Venom or any other Spidey characters...I'm gonna have to research...

The Atari Nation said...

UPDATE

http://www.toyglobe.com/MarvelMangaTwist03.php

They did make a Green Goblin!

chunky B said...

Sweet a Captain America and Doc Octopus... now I remeber seeing the Human Torch at a TRU a while back... Iron Man looks pretty sweet too. Let me know what you find at your Big Lots!