Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Grocery Store Viper


Here's a quick grocery store find, a Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper. I knew Hasbro was making some of the current BSG toys from the new Si-Fi Channel series, I had even passed on a classic Cylon Raider (kicking myself now), but had no idea they were making these classic vipers in their Titanium Line.

Anyone remember the old Mattel BSG toys? The one that caused all the safety concerns in the toy industry, I had one of the Raiders that actually shot it's missiles and remember thinking at the time why would a kid shoot the missile from the Viper toy in his mouth and ruin it for the rest of us? I was all set to get a Viper to Battle my Raider till a buddy showed up with the new, improved, safer model. LAME! The missile came about half way out and that was it. Wasn't this the same reason my Boba Fett didn't come with the eagerly anticipated firing back pack?

No comments: