Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bounty Hunter: Titanium Series Die Cast Boba Fett



One of these days I'm going to open this bad boy up just to see what Boba Fett looks like! Okay, okay I already know what he looks like, a freaking clone! So what's the big deal. Well for a while (a while being 2007) this was the first version of Boba Fett that you could take off his helmet and see the little visage of the bad boy clone himself. You would think that with all the clones with removable helmets that this would have been a no brainer action figure back in 2006. Why did it take Hasbro so long to release a figure of Boba Fett with a removable helmet? Some one there must have gotten the clue because joining this little hatless wonder will be an evolutions set with a little Boba Fett that can take a breather from that awesome little helmet. For those not in the know, and evolutions set is a set of three or so figures following the evolution of a character or theme in the Star Wars universe. An example would be Anakin Skywalker's fall to the dark side. So you would get a set with good Ani, bad Ani, and finally burned Ani (Darth Vader).

The Fett Set (I like how that sounds) will have a Mandalorian, Jango, and baby Boba. I've gone on record before as to my distaste for little clones that you can remove the helmets to see the same little dude staring back at you, but I've moved beyond and embraced the notion of yet another version of Boba floating around for all those Fett Fanatics (I like the sound of that as well), including myself.

Back to this Fett, this guy comes in two versions a painted version with all the official colors of the Fett man, plus this version billed as the "vintage die cast look" or as I like to call it "I bet we can sell these things without paint and still make money look!". Well it worked because I ended up with one in my collection. Now I didn't set out to get this guy right away, matter of fact I ended up getting this one as a gift so I didn't have to buy it. I've always been of the school of thought if your doll is going to be called an action figure it should at least be possible and not glued to a stand. So I waited and waited, continually putting off a purchase from this line until one day they had dried up or had been moved to the discount bins. Ever the procrastinator I still put off buying him pending the decision to get painted or plain. I was leaning toward plain, when this guy crossed my desk, so it was a win, win.

As I said at the beginning, I'm interested in popping this guy out of the package to see how heavy he is, check out the level of detail, and take a peek under the helmet... it's just that the package is pretty cool as it is and I'm not sure I want to ruin it by breaking it open, so here I am again with this one.

No comments: