Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

DC Universe Classics: Orion



Some more pre holiday swag! Orion from Mattel's DC Universe Classics line. I was looking for the Batman from this line of figures, as well as this one, when I stumbled upon Orion and the Demon in a Target. It was a few days before Christmas and we were finishing up some shopping, the toy aisle was bare and the two figures were laying on the shelf. I picked up just Orion on this trip, but I will say the the Demon looked great too. I think this line has a lot of great looking figures, plus it's the first build a figure from Mattel, similar to what Marvel Legends have done in the past (both Toy Biz and Hasbro), but man what a build a figure to start with, the Element Man! It is the one time I really wanted to complete a set to build this figure.

So to break down the other figures are Batman ( a really cool looking Neal Adams version), the Demon, Orion, Red Tornado, and the Penguin. All the figures come with a build a figure piece to complete Rex Mason the Element Man. Raving Toy Maniac (RTM) has done a really neat article detailing all the figures in this first series, check it out here! Series two is to include Aquaman, Black Manta, and the the build a figure is Grodd!

This is one line I might make an exception for on my resolution, maybe just to get a few of my favorite characters...

No comments: