Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Klingon D-7 Battle Cruiser



When I was first introduced to Star Trek I was all about the U.S.S. Enterprise, as I got a little older I started expanding my horizons with the ships of the Klingon and Romulan Empires.



Today we'll be looking at the Klingon D-7 Battlecruiser form the original series. I have built a few of the AMT model kits in my time and still have one kicking around the collection, but this is a newer release of a classic ship from Johnny Lightning. Released in around 2005 the D-7 was among the first in a series of Star Trek ships from the company. The D-7 was produced in the standard gray, a cloaked version (which could be considered a Romulan version of the ship) and a limited white version called White Lightnings.



I went with standard colors, though they cloaked version might be kinda cool. When I first saw these, knowing what I know about Johnny lightning making die cast cars I thought the ship was die cast. I was surprised to find out it was the stand, and the ship was plastic. Sneaky, the weight of the package threw me off! I wasn't disappointed just surprised. So fair warning.

I am only two ships into this line, with plans only to get the other two classics and a couple of the movie ships, but if you dig a really detailed starship at about 2 1/2" to 3" in length, these are the toys for you. Tomorrow will be the Romulan ship of choice from the original series, tune in!

No comments: