Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

Firestorm DCUC Style!

Something old, something new or Now vs. Then, I haven't decided on a feature title yet. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Here's a shot of the new DCUC Firestorm. You've seen him by now numerous times all over the web. I just got mine so that is one reason I'm throwing him up on the blog.



The second is I wanted to show a side by side with Kenner's Super Powers Firestorm. While the DCUC has articulation coming out the Wazoo and the cool transparent fire feature, I think the paint is a little more sloppy and for some reason I'm digging the Super Power's design on the figure's chest more.



Plus take a look at how the design lines up on the back of each figure. Now I do not know enough about Firestorm to determine which is more character accurate, but my design side is liking the Super Powers solution way more than the DCUC version. Still I think it's sweet that Mattel is bringing these more articulated versions out and that wouldn't (and didn't) stop me from buying this guy or more of the DCUC.

2 comments:

rob! said...

c'mon, Mattel, where's the JLU version???

Bubbashelby said...

Sweet find and great side-by-side pictures!

Firestorm is top notch in both seres for sure.

The "new" DCUC Firestorm is supposedly hitting stores now too. I think the costume is the same but the guy in the suit is African-American, so the head sculpt is different.

My Firestorm knowledge is limited to the old cartoon, so I'm happy with this version.