Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vader Invasion: Day 4

No. 19: Electronic Darth Vader

Hasbro released this Vader in a more truer scale to the twelve inch figures, he stands about 15 to 16 inches and has a couple of buttons on his back to activate the sound f/x. The first button makes the lightsaber noises, the second activates the phrases. He cycles through a few of his classics and even the one from Jedi "Help me remove this mask so I can look on you with my own eyes." Oh and his mask comes off to see the original mask-less Vader Actor Sebastian Shaw.





This guy towers over the 12 inch Collectors Series, probably one of my favorite Vaders.

No. 20: Darth Vader St. Vincent Stamp

A friend of the family gave this to me, at the time I was thinking "okay, cool," but I held onto it and appreciate it, also has one of my favorite images of the Dark Lord, plus his TIE advanced fighter shooting at Luke.



Take that Skywalker! Wait what? That's my son!?



Here's the cool cover it comes in to keep it all nice and neat.

No. 21: Action Masters Darth Vader

I think this should count as two, but I won't be greedy. The Action Masters line came out before the re-release of the Star Wars action figures in 1994. So you had a choice bendy figures or little die cast miniatures. The toy itself is pretty neat and they also packed a card in the package of the character you were getting.



I missed out on some of the smaller die cast figures from the original line in the 70's and 80's. So I made sure I picked up a few of these.

No. 22: Darth Vader Action Figure from Escape the Death Star Game

1998, the board game was taken to the next level by mixing action figures and your classic board game. Okay I don't know if it was really taken to the next level, but the game named Escape the Death Star came with a Darth Vader with removable dome and a Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and wet hair. That was the big deal at the time, his hair looked slicked back and wet.



Truth be told I never played the game, just busted out the action figures!

No. 23: Darth Vader PEZ

What can I say, who wouldn't be excited to have a Darth Vader PEZ dispenser? I know I was psyched when these came out. I think I even picked a extra one up because I had plans to make a Mego sized Darth Vader and thought this would make a cool head. Well, the Mego sized Vader never happened, but I did eventually pick up some more Star Wars PEZ and one of my favorites the Death Star PEZ.



No. 24 Epic Force Darth Vader

This is basically a 7 inch or so sculpture of Dart Vader on a little turn table. I really dig the sculpt of this one, it actually looks pretty close to the movie costume. Kenner made these during the Power of the Force period (orange and green cards). If I'm not mistaken it was during the release of the green carded toys. Besides some of the good guys they made some villains, three to be exact. I picked them all up! Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, and Vader!



You don't know the power of the dark side! That's it for today, tune back in tomorrow for more Vader Invasion!

2 comments:

LEon said...

Awesome! I seen some vader collection I never get to see from this part of the world.

Regarding No. 19: Electronic Darth Vader, his mask look a bit weird. the mouth piece a bit long and pointing outward. Do you feel that way too?

chunky B said...

It does seem a little too long, I think they did this to accommodate the character's head underneath, I think at the time they released this one they hadn't perfected the mask thing yet.

It's nothing like the Sideshow one, but it's still pretty neat despite it's faults.