Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Spock Stop 13: Pittsburg, KS

Hey Kids, we're back with some more Spockcation! This time Spock is visiting Kansas with his host Robert from that awesomely retro blog Retro Hound! I love his blog for two reasons, every time I stroll through his posts I am taken back, especially the records. He has a great collection of stuff. The second reason is everything is for sale, I wish I would have thought of this.

Well, Robert sent along some great picks of Spock exploring his work, home and winter wonderland. His son even chipped in on some wonderful art direction and helped set up shots. Keeping with the retro vibe I was getting from some of these pictures, I joined in and gave them all that rounded 60's photograph edge and played with "messing" up the colors to give them that vintage photo look. I hope Robert doesn't mind and I hope his son approves of the work I did, art directors can be hard to please sometimes.

Let's get this Spockcation started!

"I know I put a coin in this thing, where's my drink?"


"Fascinating collection here at the Axe Library at Pittsburg State University."


"This guy could pass as a Vulcan elder."


I hope Spock knows what he is standing on, because I do not have a clue.


"Ah, primitive star charts."


"Let's see planet Vulcan is here somewhere..."


"Shoot the tube!"
Side note, how the heck was this formed, I live in Texas and am not wise in the ways of snow.


"Maybe it's warmer near this plant life, I should have brought a jacket."


"Hey a new friend, say do you know where I can get one of those cloaks? Looks warm."


"Wait, where'd he go?"


"Little red guy? Oh little red guy? Huh? Puzzling."


"Oh great flower children. Greetings I am not Herbert."


"I find this group, SHADO, most fascinating."


"This looks like a groovy place to rest."


"Now that's a big flag."


"Curious."


"Oh Decker, you never stood a chance against Admiral Kirk."


"Finally a jacket! Though it looks like it may need to be taken in a bit."


"Well I read all I can here, I guess it's time to move on."


"A parting shot with my hosts."


I really had a great time checking out these photos. Thanks again to Robert and his son for playing host to Spock. How fun would it be to work in a Library? I mean, I wouldn't be able to get any work done, I would spend hours just reading, I'm afraid they would ask me to leave. Make sure you stop by the Retro Hound and check out Robert's great collection.

Spock is off to his next stop, well, actually next two stops. His next host is taking him to Nebraska and Iowa. So while we wait for those photos, Live long and prosper. See you next time here at Spockcation!

4 comments:

Retro Hound said...

You get that wild kind of snow when the wind is blowing just right and the snow is the right wetness, not to wet, not to dry. It was pretty bizarre. Spock was well behaved and is welcome back any time.

LEon said...

These photos sure give a retro feel.

Erick said...

Thank you for your wonderful blog. I really enjoy all of the toys.

I have given you a blog award. You can read about it on my blog here --

http://wonderfulwonderblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Retro Hound said...

Dang! I just gave you the same award! http://www.retrohound.com/my-first-award/. You're double special.