Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wee Little Batmobiles



Over a year ago on the Under the Giant Penny blog there was this post I made a comment on about having the whole set of Microverse Batmobiles loose and I would shoot some pictures for Brian B so he could see all the Batmobiles in the set.

Well, I found all my Batmobiles! Funny what you turn up when you are unpacking Batman toys.



Anyway,this is the set that Hasbro released back in the the nineties. Seemed like sort of an answer to the Galloob Micro Machines, who later Hasbro ended up buying. Like Brian's post on UTGP, they are supper small and the only action besides the wheels is each has a opening canopy with a little wee Batman inside.




Though mine didn't have Adam West... weird. There you go Brian, better late than never!

8 comments:

chrismandesign said...

uhmmm... never knew bout these lil’ guys (how small r they exactly ??? 1" 1/2 i guess)... very detailed for their size... i think there r some of these vehicules by Hotwheels/Mattel available here, bigger OFC & i saw one of them recently... sadly, my toys’ debts r still very big, so i will concentrate into pay’em & later i could think into buy these catching toys (oh BTW, i luv everything related with cars & vehicules in general =P)

saruman said...

awesome tiny batmobiles!

chunky B said...

@ chrismandesign - they are about 3cm in length, they all came in one package and usually go for about 15 USD on eBay. Sometimes less. I like cars too, but don't often collect many, mainly Batmobiles and the occasional Porsche : )

@ saruman - Thanks, they are kind of neat, it's been a while since I had them out, they have held up well.

Brian B said...

Thanks Chunky B!

Nice to see them all together.

I am glad I got the Adam West version though. :)

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

3 cm?? that is WEE LITTLE!
those are FUN :D

Unknown said...

Oh those are pretty dang cool and love the fact that they have a little Batman inside of them too.

Reis O'Brien said...

Oh my god! The little Batmans inside are so adorable!

I'm off to eBay! ;)

Bubbashelby said...

I've seen these dozens of times in my life but never knew they had drivers! Now I have to have them!

I have the Keaton/Batwing/Joker van from the '89 movie in this size, and assumed this Keaton Batmobile was the same one, but clearly it isn't.