Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Look what lives in my front yard!

Okay, okay I know, not about toys or drawings or puppies, but come on it's a bunny! Everyone loves bunnies. Okay, well it's a wild hare, but still it's a baby one.



So here's something you may not know about ole' Chunky B. When I go to Chinese Restaurants and look on the little paper place mats, that's right, I'm a Monkey... but my son is a Rabbit!

Also, I used to raise little dwarf rabbits, it started with one I bought my wife, the tiniest little bunny I had ever seen and the pet shop swore it was a female, and it was. Then we had to get it a friend and it was even tinier than the first, it was hands down the smallest and cutest thing I have ever seen in my life (and I have seen a lot). Anyway again the pet shop swore it was a female... this time they were wrong and two litters later I was raising dwarf bunnies! True story, we couldn't get rid of all of them ( and we were giving them to good homes for free!) so I had Seven bunnies all running around this little yard at a town house we rented. I secured the fencing, built them a hutch and they played in that yard and had little tunnels and all. They would all come to you (sometimes) to be put up at night so the wild critters wouldn't get them. They were a great bunch of rabbits. Named them all after candy too.

5 comments:

LEon said...

We need more pictures of these cute bunnies!

chunky B said...

Ha ha, unfortunately all our Dwarf Bunnies are long gone and these wild ones are hard to get pictures of, kind of skittish

chunky B said...

I might be able to dig through our hard copies and scan some pics though...

Unknown said...

We have more than are fair share of rabbits that run around my house and my dogs go nuts when they see them too.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

My friends have a new baby rabbit in their back yard, around the garden- he loves living there. Really small- very cute