Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Awh, wook at wittle Aquaman!


DC Super Friends Aquaman is a welcome site, especially after ole' Hook Hand! These were just released in 2007 by Mattel, in what I think are a response to Marvel's Spider-Man and Friends and breaking into a more kid friendly market for DC Comics. I'm not sure how well this line will do, but I'm hoping it will go on for quite some time. At least long enough to get the Aqua Sub. Which now that I think about it, why does Aquaman need a Sub?

I have two reasons for getting a set of these, one I'm a fan of the cutie or super deformed style and two, one day I will have grand children (hopefully not any time soon) and what better way to get them started in the right direction than kid sized super heroes. Well till that day I'm keeping them on my drawing desk and breaking them out when my nephew comes over.

Besides, just looking at little smiling Arthur, Bruce, John, and Kal on the desk just brightens my day. Now get with it Mattel, where's Wonder Woman, the Martian Manhunter, and Atom!

I originally posted about a set of these guys here!

1 comment:

rob! said...

i can't wait to get my hands on the Aqua-Sub!